Saturday, January 30, 2010

While I was visiting with my grandkids yesterday I did this freehand drawing by Lauren Gray.
Lauren is an amazing artist and I love her work. Since I could not draw at all whatsoever and my friend Ana Bettencourt Tirolese came and did a seminar in my studio a few years ago and taught the grid....I was amazed....I progressed from grid to freehand now if look at Lauren's work you will see that I have a long way to go but I wanted to try and draw her design...
I can't draw out of my head as yet...I have to have something to copy from.... my grandson Jacob helped me by telling me where I was going wrong....he saw my crow was too skinny and the beak too small....so I adjusted trees and bird and it is looking much better...Thank you Jacob.
Jacob and Nicole are amazing young artists and I learn a lot from them....

Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you. (Bill Cosby)

No comments: