Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Well I have been so bad when it came to my blog.  Our move in September took so much out of me physically and emotionally I am now just getting back to my art and blogging.

I am loving our new nest and it took some adjusting to the 'smallness' of it as we always lived in a bigger home; but having said that I love my garden apartment...we have a small yard and a garden plot and we are on the lake which is so pretty in the summer and winter with lots of walking trails all around.

It was hard to let go of furniture that has been with me for years and art supplies I simply had no room for here.  All my pieces of furniture etc had a memory, but, it is a good lesson to learn to let go. I hate letting go of anyone or anything.

Now I am back to my art and looking forward to sitting outside with coffee and my easel in the mornings....hurry Spring please!!!

I am in the midst of working on a cabinet for our bathroom and also a swap in one of my groups. We are doing atcs - men and boys should be interesting to see what I come up with...I always go in one direction and finish in another...my muse and I don't always well hardly ever work well together....and she mostly wins.....grrrh.

I am going to try and keep this blog up daily even if it is with a new recipe instead of art.  I am on a kick right now of doing slow cooker freezer recipes so if I don't feel like cooking one night I can pot a meal in the slow cooker and let it go....yeah.

I love cooking but some days it does get in my way of doing things I want to finish and now I'll spend a couple days doing recipes and freezing them and then I won't have to worry about the off days.

I hope everyone had a great holiday in spite of our horrible weather.  I am not a fan of winter I like warm and hot!!!




1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Welcome back to the land of blogging! Glad you're enjoying your new abode.